（三）主日崇拜 崇基禮拜堂主日崇拜是向校內人士及鄰近社區提供崇拜的方便，作為本學院對大學團體及社會人士的一項宗教服務，逢主日上午十時半舉行。另在節期（如聖誕節）均有特別崇拜活動。大學講章以粵、普、英三語進行，目的是在校園中建立信仰與文化對話的語言，引起學生、教職員對信仰的興趣和探索。另一方面，大學講章堅固信徒的信仰周延性和理性依據，在心志上作大人 (In Understanding Be Man, 林前14:20)。
（八）音樂事工 校牧室積極舉辦音樂活動。學期間逢星期一下午一時三十分均舉辦二十五分鐘之「午間心靈綠洲」，以洗滌心靈的合唱音樂及器樂作品，為校園內埋首於知識寶庫的老師、同學及公務繁重的各部門職員提供一片使心靈得蒙滋潤的綠洲。教職員、學生、校友及教職員子女可參與各項音樂活動，包括主日學兒童詩班及崇基禮拜堂詩班。禮拜堂內的管風琴是由德國比勒費爾德的Detlef Kleuker建造，擁有兩排鍵盤，機械操作。此風琴在學生的演奏訓練和禮儀培訓上乃是不可或缺的一員。
The Chaplain’s Office
It is unique among the nine colleges in the University.
Not an ordinary office…
It may be the pilot room of your life’s wonderful journey;
Or the starting point to embark on the exploration of your own spiritual world;
It is a vintage point to accord you the vista of expanding horizon of faith;
It is a chamber where you feel comfortable to discover your potential;
It is a place to think about the questions of life;
We invite you to drop by and meet our chaplains.
At the moment the college chapel is the earliest and largest independent sanctuary for worship on the public university campus in China. The engraved emblems of former thirteen Christian Universities in China on the chancel wall bear witness of the rich heritage and mission of Chung Chi College as an institution of Christian higher education. As the first stance of the college anthem states:
Men from four seas founded Chung Chi so that here might youth
Honor Christ, eternal teacher, who Himself is truth.
Through the long night keep the torch bright and the work begun
Till the lights of faith and knowledge show the world made one.
The main ministries of the Chaplain’s Office include:
- College Assembly – The College Assembly is one of the major events of Chaplain’s Office. It is held during the 4th and 5th teaching sessions on Fridays during school term. When the assembly begins, the Chaplain leads a ten-minute worship in hymns, Scripture reading and prayer related to the topics of the assembly, and set the tone for the subsequent talk. The worship time provides pastoral care, moral education and spiritual formation for students and staff.
- Spiritual Counseling – The Chaplain is available to meet with students and staff who seek spiritual counseling and on matter related to personal faith.
- Sunday Service – The Chaplain’s Office conducts Sunday Service on Sunday mornings. The worship service provides spiritual nourishment and fellowship time to the community of both campus and the neighborhood. The service is conducted in Cantonese, with simultaneous interpretation in Putonghua and English. The University Sermon provides a forum for dialogue of faith and culture, and deepens the congregation understanding of Christian faith.
- Student Fellowships – The Chaplain’s Office maintain constant contacts, liaise and support various student fellowships and cell groups on campus. Student groups may operate according to their own distinctiveness and to accomplish their own goals. Currently, Chung Chi Student Fellowship, Fellowship of Evangelical Students, Medical Students Fellowship, CU Campus Crusade for Christ, Nursing Fellowship, The Chinese University of Hong Kong Christian Choir, School of Chinese Medicine cell group and other cell groups are having their regular meetings at Chung Chi Chapel.
- Annual Celebration – The Chaplain’s Office is responsible for organizing the annual Founders’ Day Thanksgiving Service on the Last Friday of October and the Graduation Ceremony in November. The Chaplain’s Office also organizes the Christmas Eve Carol Singing and Candle Light Service in the evening of December 24.
- Campus Christian Fellowship – During term time, the Chaplain’s Office, in conjunction with the Campus Christian Fellowship Committee, presents monthly luncheon talk (on Thursday).
- Ministry for Students from Mainland China – To assist students from Mainland China to adapt campus life as well as to provide pastoral care for them, the Chaplain’s Office organizes weekly Putonghua Fellowship and Bible Study. There are also short-term Cantonese classes and relevant assistances in order to help them being integrated into the Hong Kong lifestyle smoothly.
- Music Ministry – The Chaplain’s Office maintains an active music program. Every Monday at 1:30pm during the school term, “Midday Oasis” provides a 25-minutes breathing space for students, teachers and staff to refresh and refuel themselves with beautiful vocal and instrumental music. Faculty, staff, students, alumni and children of staff also participate in music ensembles including the Sunday School Children Choir and Chung Chi Chapel Choir . Home to a two-manual mechanical pipe organ built by Detlef Kleuker from Bielefeld, Germany, the organ at Chung Chi Chapel is essential for training of student organists in performance and liturgical function.
- Student Visitor/ Exchange Programs – As a member of the Federation of Chinese University and College Chaplaincies, an annual summer exchange camp is organized for students of local and Taiwan Christian Universities. Students from thirteen member institutions come together to learn, to share, to serve and to celebrate.
- International Student Conferences – The Chaplain’s Office had organized two international students conferences in 2002 (Changes and Challenges in Christian Higher Education in Asia) and 2005 (Global Ethics and Christian Higher Education) respectively for student leaders from Christian universities in Asia.
- Root-seeking Trip – The Chaplain’s Office organizes root-seeking trips with related Christian universities in Taiwan to visit former Christian University campuses in Mainland China. We had visited Fukien Christian University (Fukien Normal University) and Hwa Nan Women’s College in 2002; West China Union University (Sichuan University) in 2004; Cheerloo University (Shandong University) in 2005; Yenching University (Peking University) in 2009; University of Shanghai (University of Shanghai for Science and Technology), St. John University (East China University of Political Science and Law) and Hangchow University (Zhijiang Campus, Zhejiang University) in 2012; Nanjing University (Private University of Nanking), Nanjing Normal University (Ginling College), Soochow University and Nanjing Union Theological Seminary in 2016.
- Wedding Ceremonies – Since 2002, the Chung Chi College Chapel was authorized to be a place of administration of holy matrimony. CUHK alumni and staff may visit the webpage of the Chaplain’s Office at www.cuhk.edu.hk/ccc/chaplaincy for further information.
The College respects the personal faith of students and staff but expects their reciprocal deference for the College Christian heritage. We consider our Christian tradition an added value to our education.