（三）主日崇拜 崇基禮拜堂主日崇拜是向校內人士及鄰近社區提供崇拜的方便，作為本學院對大學團體及社會人士的一項宗教服務，逢主日上午十時半舉行，中英雙語。另在節期（如聖誕節）均有特別崇拜活動。大學講章目的在校園中建立信仰與文化對話的語言，引起學生、教職員對信仰的興趣和探索。另一方面，大學講章堅固信徒的信仰周延性和理性依據，在心志上作大人 (In Understanding Be Man, 林前14:20)。
（八）音樂事工 校牧室積極舉辦音樂活動。學期間逢星期一下午一時三十分均舉辦二十五分鐘之「午間心靈綠洲」，以洗滌心靈的合唱音樂及器樂作品，為校園內埋首於知識寶庫的老師、同學及公務繁重的各部門職員提供一片使心靈得蒙滋潤的綠洲。教職員、學生、校友及教職員子女可參與各項音樂活動，包括主日學兒童詩班及崇基禮拜堂詩班。禮拜堂內的管風琴是由德國比勒費爾德的Detlef Kleuker建造，擁有兩排鍵盤，機械操作。此風琴在學生的演奏訓練和禮儀培訓上乃是不可或缺的一員。
The Chaplain’s Office
It is unique among the nine colleges in the University.
Not an ordinary office…
It may be the pilot room of your life’s wonderful journey;
Or the starting point to embark on the exploration of your own spiritual world;
It is a vintage point to accord you the vista of expanding horizon of faith;
It is a chamber where you feel comfortable to discover your potential;
It is a place to think about the questions of life;
We invite you to drop by and meet our chaplains.
At the moment the college chapel is the earliest and largest independent sanctuary for worship on the public university campus in China. The engraved emblems of former thirteen Christian Universities in China on the chancel walls bear witness of the rich heritage and mission of Chung Chi College as an institution of Christian higher education. As the first stance of the college anthem states:
Men from four seas founded Chung Chi so that here might youth
Honor Christ, eternal teacher, who Himself is truth.
Through the long night keep the torch bright and the work begun
Till the lights of faith and knowledge show the world made one.
The main ministries of the Chaplain’s Office include:
- College Assembly – It is held during the 4th and 5th teaching sessions on Fridays during school term. When the assembly begins, the Chaplain leads a ten-minute worship in hymns, Scripture reading and prayer related to the topics of the assembly, and set the tone for the subsequent talk. The worship time provides pastoral care, moral education and spiritual formation for students and staff.
- Spiritual Counseling – The Chaplain is available to meet with students and staff who seek spiritual counseling and on matter related to personal faith.
- Sunday Service – The Chaplain’s Office conducts Sunday Service on Sunday mornings. The worship service provides spiritual nourishment and fellowship time to the community of both campus and the neighborhood. The service is conducted in Cantonese, with simultaneous interpretation in Putonghua and English. The University Sermon provides a forum for dialogue of faith and culture, and deepens the congregation understanding of Christian faith.
- Student Fellowships – The Chaplain’s Office maintain constant contacts, liaise and support various student fellowships and cell groups on campus to empower them to accomplish their goals.
- Annual Celebration – The Chaplain’s Office is participating in organizing the annual Founders’ Day Thanksgiving Service on the Last Friday of October and the Graduation Ceremony in November. The Chaplain’s Office also organizes campus caroling and the Christmas Eve Candle Light Service in the evening of December 24.
- Campus Christian Fellowship – During term time, the Chaplain’s Office presents monthly luncheon talk planned by the Pastoral and Spiritual Care Committee.
- Ministry for Students from Mainland China – The Chaplain’s Office organizes activities to assist students from Mainland China to adapt campus life as well as to provide pastoral care for them.
- Music Ministry – The Chaplain’s Office maintains an active music program. Every Monday at 1:30pm during the school term, “Midday Oasis” provides a 25-minutes breathing space for students, teachers and staff to refresh and refuel themselves with beautiful vocal and instrumental music. Faculty, staff, students, alumni and children of staff also participate in music ensembles including the Sunday School Children Choir and Chung Chi Chapel Choir. Home to a two-manual mechanical pipe organ built by Detlef Kleuker from Bielefeld, Germany, the organ at Chung Chi Chapel is essential for training of student organists in performance and liturgical function.
- Student Visitor/ Exchange Programs – As a member of the Federation of Chinese University and College Chaplaincies, a biennial summer exchange camp is organized for students of local and Taiwan Christian Universities. Students from thirteen member institutions come together to learn, to share, to serve and to celebrate.
- Wedding Ceremonies – Since 2002, the Chung Chi College Chapel has been authorized to administrate of holy matrimony. CUHK alumni and staff may visit the webpage of the Chaplain’s Office.
The College respects the personal faith of students and staff but expects their reciprocal deference for the College Christian heritage. We consider our Christian tradition an added value to our education.